Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Body Art and Everything but Writing...





That was today. A ride up the interstate to visit Jimmy, my genius hairdresser. I looked a long time for Jimmy and I refuse to give him up--even if I have to drive thirty miles over black ice to get to him.

So I got a nice haircut and Jimmy explained to me the meanings of his various tatts. He has one on his forearm that could be crossed swords. He explained that it's actually scissors. Just guess why...

Above the scissors, a skull. Because the scissors alone were too literal, he said and the skull cradled nicely between the open scissors handles and in Mexico, skulls don't mean death, they mean eternal life. Jimmy's not only about hair.

He's slowly doing his arms from the shoulders down, one side is red and black, an intense pattern in constant flux, he says. He changes them and adds color as time goes by. The other arm has blue and black swirls, like a storm or wind patterns all studded with stars. Beautiful. I believe he has more, but, well, he's my hairdresser not my husband.

I came back home to... Long story. You really don't need to know. Sometimes things just don't work out. So...that's done.

Now I need to do a bio for the faboo Vickie Denney at WWW.NewAndUsedBooks.com. She'll be doing some great promo for me for RALPHIE'S WIVES out next month.

Better get on it...

Oh, and the guy in the picture is skaterboy extraordinarie Josh Wald, the inspiration for my 2008 HQN, BET ON IT. My hero in that book, Devlin, has a tattoo across his back, too. But his is the heroine's name...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haircut day? I have to do that soon but I don't have a Jimmy to look at but I have a nice gal,Sandi, she may have a tattoo but I haven't seen it LOL

I've let my hair grow out for Locks of Love and it's just about long enough for the 10" I need to send them as well leave me with shoulder-length hair.

I'm so ready to read RALPHIE'S WIVES as well as see the promo. Now I'm eager to read BET ME- should be delish with inspiration like that!

Barbs

Christine Rimmer said...

Hey Barb,

Bet On It gave me fits, but I'm pretty happy with the result. :) Can't wait for you to read it, but that will be a while...

Wow, ten inches. That's pretty long. And what a great thing to do with it!

Next time you visit Sandi, make her show you her tattoos. LOL