Monday, June 29, 2009

Bad Boys and Big Bikes....


Motorcycles, I mean. Harleys. Choppers, particularly.

The book I'm writing now is about the bad boy of the San Antonio Bravos, sixth-born Jericho. Jericho has had a rocky past. He is also a genius. He designs and builds custom choppers of great coolness and beauty. Like the one at left, built by Thunderstruck Custom Bikes and named Paranoid. Totally fitting name, IMO. And what, specifically, is a chopper? Well, according to the Motorcyle Biker's Dictionary, it's "A style of motorcycle that appears deceptively light, has a greater angle on the front end than usually seen, and radical styling." The term is derived from former GI's back right after WWII "chopping" factory bikes to make them faster, removing all "superfluous" parts.

I'm using Gerard Butler as my hero image. Kind of handsome and thuggish at once. But I also kind of imagine Jesse James of West Coast Chopper fame in the mix, also.

Heroine is Marnie Jones. If you've been reading my books for a while, you first met Marnie when she was a tough, angry nine-year-old who swore like a sailor in SweetBriar Summit. Since then, Marnie has been tamed. She needs to rediscover her wild side.

I think Jericho is the one to help her with that...

I haven't done a biker guy (literarilly speaking, of course!) since The Midnight Rider Takes a Bride. That came out back in 1997. So I'm thinking it's about time...

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Christine!

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you are having a great one!

Bikers--didn't Ralphies Wives have a biker element? I may need top pull that off my shelf! :)

Take care!

Kim

Becca said...

Hi Christine,

Jericho sounds fascinating and i'm already curious about what (who?) tamed Marcie.

I'll look forward to reading it!

Christine Rimmer said...

Kim! Hope your fourth was great. Ours was rainy, but it was kind of a relief from the constant heat. And yes, Ralphie's Wives did have a biker element. The hero had a Harley. Have a great summer!

Christine Rimmer said...

Hi Becca, actually Marnie tamed Marnie. If that makes any sense. She let go of her wild side. And now she's working on finding it again. Good to hear from you...