Thursday, December 27, 2007

White Christmas!

We had snow!

I tried to take an impressive picture, but...not so much.

Anyway, it drifted down in the most lovely way. And then it all melted before night came.

Having lived where the snow piles up and freezes solid on the walkways overnight--trust me. I'm happy with the show and then a nice, quick melt-away.

For dinner we had garlic-and-horseradish encrusted prime rib. Totally yummy. It was a wonderful day. I know yours was, as well.

Now it's back to my crushing workload...

But I'm smiling. A temporarily white Christmas, good food--and my family.

It doesn't get much better than that!

So how about yours? Did you have turkey? Ham? Beef?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have a White Christmas! Ours was sunny and cold, the usual ham dinner shared with dh's brother, sister & BIL and his mother plus our son and slightly pregnant DIL. We'll have a 5 month old to celebrate our Christmas with in '08, what fun we'll have! We had a great and busy Christmas Eve so a small group for Christmas Day was good!

The prime rib sounds wonderful maybe next time!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive and beautiful! Very nice to look at. I have to say I'm glad it didn't snow in my neck of the woods for Christmas. I'd have to make my way to work in the aftermath and I'd have to walk my dogs -- no fun. ;-(

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love the menu. Yum! Talk about food -- thanks for the food blog link mention on the side. Oh, wow!

Paz

Christine Rimmer said...

Barbs, yours sounds wonderful. And big congrats on the coming grandbaby. Ham. Yum. I love ham...

Christine Rimmer said...

Paz, happy holidays! I lived in Manhattan for a couple of years way back when. Nothing worse than icy sidewalks after a snow, so I hear you re being glad it didn't.

And your blog is so good! Both fun to read and good ideas of what to cook. :)

Re the prime rib, it was really good. But I like the herb and garlic rub one I have better. Not so much butter. More of a dry rub and it holds all the juices in and...oh, my goodness!

Cheryl St.John said...

Snow is difficult to photograph, depending mostly on perfect light, and obviously when it's snowing, it's not usually that sunny. I did my best to capture some exquisite trees a couple of weeks ago, and the pics just don't do them justice.

Hmmm..off to Photoshop.