Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back from Plot Group...


As you may remember, I go twice a year. It's moi and four other faboo authors and friends. Want more info? I blogged about it a couple of days ago on Tote Bags 'n' Blogs.
And in case you're wondering why I opened this post with a picture of a cake, it's because Susan Mallery treated us to this amazing cake--no, not exactly like the one above, but similar--in honor of her making the New York Times Bestseller list three weeks in a row! Yay, Susan! And great cake! It was fondant on the outside, guanache (However you spell that. Paz?) beneath the fondant and layers of this amazing fudge cake and this chocolate-chip icing. Indescribable. Yummo.

But now I'm back home and the cake is only a delicious memory.
Today, I've been cleaning up my office and going through my emails--so fun to touch base with everyone. Had a lot of emails on my return, as my brilliant webmistress, Miss Shelley, had sent out an epostcard to my mailing list about Valentine's Secret Child, which is hitting stands as I write this. And that reminds me, if you're not on my list and want to get epostcards when I have a new book out, go to my website, click on the Mailing List link...and sign up!

And tomorrow, it's back to Tanner's book, which I will be finishing by mid-February as my totally wonderful editor gave me a much-needed two-week extension. Yay! Fangirl, at left, is as always, totally thrilled for me.

I do love fangirl. She's never less than utterly enthusiastic. So...back to my emails. Just wanted to let y'all know I'm thinkin' of you.

No comments: