Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finished...


I do love to finish. Especially a book. Finishing, for me, is so much more satisfying than, say, starting.

There are times I really hate starting. It's always like "Who are these people and why are they doing these things?" I just don't know them when I start. Even if they already appeared in another book, somehow, when they get their own book, I have to start all over again to know them.

But when I'm finished, well, I know them probably as well as I ever will. I don't have to worry I'll never figure out who the heck they really are, because if I finished, at some point, I did figure that out.

And there's just something about a finished book. A feeling of accomplishment, I guess. It's finished. It's done. And, you know-I did that! I wrote a(nother) whole book.

This time I'm just finishing a book that will come out in December. Yes, a Christmas book. Thus, you get an image of a singing Christmas cat. So festive! Plus the whole "Joy to the World!" attitude fits right in with the way I feel now. I started this book in January. I've written a bunch of Christmas books. Somehow, I never write them during the Christmas season. Doesn't bother me at all. I can get in the spirit in January. Hey, I just did!

So happy holidays, everyone!

Just finished. Ready to start all over again...

No comments: