Monday, May 09, 2011

Something About a Man in a Cowboy Hat...

Notice the hat on the hero?  Big sigh.  Notice the red hat and the words, A Cowboy for Every Mood???

There is definitely something about a cowboy.

And the  good folks at Harlequin know it.  The theme for July across all Harlequin lines will be...you guessed it: A Cowboy for Every Mood.

Had a lovely chat with my editor the other day.  We discussed recipes.  I'll be contributing a recipe for Rib Crib Secret Sauce to help promote all things Cowboy and all things Montana Maverick this summer.

Those of you who follow the Montana Mavericks will remember the chain of restaurants owned by DJ Traub and called The Rib Crib.  There's a Rib Crib in Thunder Canyon, Montana.  In fact, it's inside the famous and often beleaguered Thunder Canyon Resort.  DJ attributes his success to his special Secret Sauce.

And in the new series this summer, Here Come the Texans, DJ's getting some competition in Thunder Canyon from a new rib place, Lip Smackin' Ribs.  Some unfair competition.  No spoilers here, but I can say that there will be skulduggery involved.

In the meantime, I'm experimenting with creating my own secret sauce.  Wish me luck.  Recipe coming soon...

2 comments:

Nicole's Book Musings said...

Good luck!!

Looks like July is going to my favorite month. I love me some cowboys!

Christine Rimmer said...

Nicole...thanks! What I love to hear!